The Gravity Well Terms and Conditions of Use
“The Gravity Well” is the trading name of Gravity Well Limited, a New Zealand-owned and operated company.
At The Gravity Well, we are committed to your safety. Before using our facility, it is very important that each person is aware that there are risks associated with bouldering, fitness equipment use and associated activities.
The risks include but are not limited to:
• Falling to the ground or onto other users.
• Being fallen on by other users.
• Sports injury and over-exertion.
• Abrasions from the holds, walls, or the floor.
• Equipment failure.
• Injury through improper use of training and fitness equipment.
• Other users not following the Conditions of Use.
The risks of participating in bouldering and related activities may result in serious neck and spinal injuries (which may result in paralysis), serious injury or impairment to other aspects of the body or even death.
At The Gravity Well, we have taken every practical step to minimize risks and ensure a safe and welcoming environment.
We appreciate your adherence to our rules and regulations.
• All customers and visitors must check in at reception upon arrival.
• If you are injured or witness an injury or unsafe or inappropriate behaviour please inform Gravity Well staff immediately.
• While every effort is made to ensure The Gravity Well is a secure and safe facility, The Gravity Well accepts no responsibility for items lost or stolen while visiting the gym or any associated events.
• Please show respect to staff and other climbers at all times.
• The Gravity Well staff will ask any individuals acting inappropriately or unsafely to leave the premises immediately, with no right to a refund.
• The Gravity Well is your space, please respect and look after our equipment to ensure the future enjoyment for all.
• We request that there is no running within the facility.
• The Gravity Well has a shirts on climbing policy.
Food, Drugs and Alcohol:
• Customers and visitors must not participate in or supervise any climbing or fitness activities whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other substances.
• If found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while participating in climbing or supervising, The Gravity Well reserves the right to stop current and future participation at the facility, with no right to a refund.
• Please do not consume or carry food and drink on our mats.
• All climbers new to the facility will be required to complete a safety induction with a staff member prior to climbing or exercising.
• Our soft mats do not guarantee safety, the safest descent method is down climbing, please down climb wherever possible.
• Any fall may cause injury to yourself or others, please exercise caution at all times.
• Holds may spin or break, if this happens please inform a staff member.
• Please keep all personal belongings off the mats, cubbies, shelves and hooks are provided for your belongings.
• Keep the fall zone clear. Be aware of other climbers, and never walk or climb underneath or over another climber, and ensure a safe distance at all times.
• No bare feet on the climbing wall, clean, climbing shoes must be worn at all times.
10 Pass Users:
• 10 Pass’s are to be used only by the individual whose account they are assigned. We are unable to use a 10 pass assigned to one account, to allow access for others
10 Pass's are valid for one year from the time of purchase.
• 10 Pass’s are not able to be transferred between individuals, or split between different accounts.
• All under 16s must have their safety agreement signed by a parent or guardian.
• Users under the age of 13 must be directly supervised by an experienced adult. This means child and adult being on the matted area together within clear sight of one another.
• In the main bouldering area adults may supervise 1 child aged 10-12 providing the adult has completed an induction with a staff member. 5 – 9 year old children on Parent Plus memberships must be supervised by their parent.
Training and Fitness:
• The equipment may not be used by under 18s.
• Only use training and fitness equipment within your capabilities.
The Gravity Well is committed to personal privacy and compliance with current privacy legislation.
Any personal information collected and held will only be used or disclosed as follows:
• To third parties we have engaged to assist us to provide the products or services you have requested, for example personal trainers.
• For marketing of products or services.
• To prevent and resolve unauthorised access to, or attacks on our systems; or where otherwise legally permitted.
• CCTV surveillance is in use at this facility for safety and security.
• Photos and video of users may be collected for security and marketing purposes. We will endeavour to collect consent whenever possible if using images for marketing purposes and will remove any published images online by reasonable request. Please be aware that during events and competitions group photos are likely to be taken.
• By providing us with your email address you consent to receive emails from us advising of updates, products and services available. You may unsubscribe from our email database at any time.
In signing below you agree:
• To use the facilities at The Gravity Well at your own risk, and take responsibility for any personal injury, property loss or damage caused to you or any under-16 you are signing on behalf of.
• To indemnify The Gravity Well and its directors, staff and contractors from liability for any personal injury, property loss or damage caused to you, your next of kin or any under-16 you are signing on behalf of.
• To accept and follow The Gravity Well’s Waiver and Terms and Conditions of Use and ensure the enforcement of The Gravity Well rules, terms and conditions for any under-16’s you are responsible for.
• To disclose any pre-existing medical or other conditions that may affect the risk that either yourself or any other person could suffer injury, loss or damage and will seek medical advice before participating. This information will only be viewable by The Gravity Well staff.
• To authorise The Gravity Well staff to instigate any necessary medical assistance and treatment required in an emergency.
• That these terms may be updated from time to time without notification, please refer to our website for the most recent terms and conditions.